Store Name: Wovida
Store Description: Wovida is best known for its wide range of beauty products and home appliances including straighteners, teeth whitening products and a lot more.
Price range: $50 - $150
BaBlyss Hair Straightener
Wovida hair straightener
Sedu Pro Hair Straightener
HSI hair straighteners
Choosing a straightener can seem menial since our perception is that all straighteners are almost the same. Let me shatter that for you!
Wanting straight hair could be on most of our minds given how elegant and sleek it looks. It is the most desirable hair type. But choosing a hair straightener that does the job in a safe way is tough. So we have broken it down for you so that you know how to choose a hair straightener?
Straighteners cater to different hair density and hair types. There are straighteners made of various materials that are then subcategorized. Here are some of the types of hair straighteners,
- Types of hair straighteners
- How do I choose a hair straightener
- Best hair straighteners
- Hair Straightener Brands
- Hair straightener for hair types
Types of hair straighteners
Since the conduction of heat is distributed evenly, the ceramic straighteners are opted for in salons. It has a way with the hair shaft where it is capable of smoothening the stands. However, the material does not heat up fast so if you’re looking for a straightener for your everyday needs, you’ll have to move on. Buying a ceramic straightener can be affordable.
The ceramic on the straightener can tend to wear off easily so watch out for that and replace it when it is time.
If you have coarse, unruly hair, Titanium straighteners are sure to fix that for you. Unlike the ceramic straighteners, the titanium straighteners conduct heat to a greater extent, evenly. Even though it is a higher investment, it's worth it for the features it can provide. Titanium straighteners can help speed up your straightening process during your busy mornings.
Since titanium straighteners tend to get hot faster, we would recommend you to use the settings and tone it down.
Since tourmaline is a gemstone that provides negative ions, it helps act against frizz and waves. It includes a layer of ceramic as well. But since it is safe on the hair it rules out the damage factor on the hair.
Glass and metal straighteners
Both these elements are not very reliable when it comes to acting out on your hair and therefore we suggest you consider the above options if you want a good quality straightener.
How do I choose a hair straightener
The material with which the straightener is made of is not all when it comes to determining the safety of using hair straighteners. Here are some factors that you have to keep in mind while picking out the right straightener,
Shape of the straightener
The shape of the straightener you use is a reflection of the features that it is capable of. For example, a curved straightener can be used as a curling iron as well whereas a flat iron is used for straightening to a precision.
Width of the straightener
If you have a straightener with wider plates it will be a quick and easy process since it is able to handle a larger amount of strands at a time. Although it is a time-saver, if you want a portable and easy-to-handle straightener, it is better you opt for a straightener which is more compact in nature.
Material of straightener plates
As mentioned earlier, the material with which the plates are made can have a greater effect on your hair than you think. While most of them are safe to use, others might not treat your hair with utmost care.
The temperature with which the straightener works is the most important aspect of choosing one since it is with the temperature that straightener functions.
Best hair straighteners
Considering there can be harm caused to your hair due to excess heat, here are some of the best and safe straighteners that can be used without damaging your hair.
#1–Remington flat iron straightener
Remington straighteners are prominent for the quality they provide because of which their reputation is as strong as ever.
- It provides an ultimate ceramic technology that works 70% for smoother hair.
- It controls frizz four times more than regular straighteners which justifies the price range that this is available in.
- The heat range can go up to 410 degrees in just about 30 seconds. So if you are looking for something to speed up your mornings, this should be the perfect one for you.
#2– Ava hair care straightener
This is Ava’s most stylish and sophisticated straightener so far with its slender look.
- It has long blades that allow curling and another styling besides straightening hair.
- You can enable the lock feature on the straightener which controls the frizz and produces shine to the hair.
- The automatic shut off feature turns the device on if it's on for 60 minutes or more.
- Even though it is expensive, this can be a good investment for a straightener when considering all the requirements.
#3–HSI Professional Tourmaline straightener
The tourmaline plates that this straightener is made of, can make the roughest hair texture smooth. While it gives out a great performance it also ensures safety by controlling the heat when used on the hair.
- The straightener consists of mega sensors which make sure that heat is evenly distributed on the hair without damaging your strands.
- It is compact and can be carried anywhere with ease.
- It has a 1-inch plate that can be used on any hair length. If you have bangs, you might want to consider this, since it makes the process of evening out the strands easily.
#4–Sedu pro 1 flat iron straightener
This stylish straightener from Sedu can work wonders on your hair with its extraordinary features.
- The floating irons are light and can smoothen out your hair in no time, with precision.
- It has a digital display on the straightener which makes it easy to access the working of the straightener.
- Advanced titanium heating is perfect for fast heating. Although the heating feature is quick, it also controls the heat to a minimum degree to avoid affecting your hair strands.
#5– WOVIDA hair straightener
The straightener from Wovida is an asset that is worth the reputation it has for its top-notch products.
- It has an advanced PTC ceramic heater which allows quick heating as well as a nano-coating which provides safety for the hair.
- This straightener is suitable for all hair types since the heating limit is limited after 30 minutes.
- The best part is that it can be used as a flat iron and a curling iron which makes it all the more worth it.
- It comes with one year’s warranty as well.
#6–BaBylissPRO Hair straightener
BaByliss straighteners are the most profound brand for its extraordinary features and safety measures.
- Even though the price is on the higher side, many opt for this straightener for its qualities which affirm the strength and texture of your hair.
- It remains at 120 voltage which is easy to smoothen the hair while also protecting the strands from damage.
- It is suitable for all hair types, resulting in smooth and shiny hair.
Hair Straightener Brands
The research that goes into picking out the perfect straightener is massive and it should be since it makes the purchase worth it. This is absolutely vital since it has an impact on your hair. Here are some of the aspects you need to consider before you make a choice.
Titanium Flat Iron VS Ceramic flat iron
Titanium and ceramic irons have benefits that can cater to different hair types. The features that this produces can vary. Have a look.
|Provides even heat distribution which is safe for the hair strands||Fast heat distribution. The temperature settings should be tended to.|
|Suits any hair type.||More suitable for coarse and thick hair because of its fast heating system.|
|Takes 30 seconds to heat up||Heats up faster than ceramic|
Hair straightener for hair types
The need for a straightener arises with the hair type and the only way to solve that is to figure out which hair straightener caters to your hair types. Here’s a list,
Hair straightener for curly hair
|BaBylissPRO Porcelain Ceramic Straightener|
|HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Straightener|
|INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Straightener|
|KIPOZI Professional Titanium Straightener|
Hair straightener for short hair
|CHI G2 Ceramic and Titanium Hairstyling Iron|
|FURIDEN Professional Hair Straightener|
|KIPOZI Pro Flat Iron|
|BaBylissPRO Nano Straightener|
Hair Straightener for thin hair
|Rusk RSK732 Professional Str8 straightener|
|GHD Gold Styler Iron.|
|Sedu Revolution Tourmaline Ionic Styling Iron|
Hair straightener for men
Choosing a hair straightener is a task when you don’t know what qualities to look for. We hope this article has made it easier for you and enlightened you on how to choose a hair straightener.