Folliculitis may be a common problem but it is annoying, painful and it definitely ruins your good hair days. While a lot of natural home therapy might work over a prolonged period of time if the infection is just beginning, the best thing to do is to use a shampoo that is quick, effective and helps bring the pain and itchiness down. There are plenty of shampoos in the market that claim to get rid of folliculitis overnight. But do they all work? Read on for the reviews of the best shampoos for treating folliculitis:
- Top Shampoos for folliculitis
- #1- CLn Shampoo
- #2- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo
- #3- Puriya Sulfate Free Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
- #4- Brickell Men's Products Daily Strengthening Shampoo
- #5- The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care
- #6- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
- #7- Maple holistics Tea Tree Shampoo
- #8- Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- #9- C2P Non-Comedogenic Hair Shampoo
- #10- Selsun Blue Moisturizing with Aloe Dandruff Shampoo
Top Shampoos for folliculitis
#1- CLn Shampoo
Folliculitis is a condition where the scalp is inflamed, as a result of the tiny acne-like bumps. This is an infection and it can be made worse by ingredients that can trigger an allergy.
- CLn shampoo is highly recommended for any type of scalp infection as it is hypo-allergenic and is free of fragrances.
- Best for normal or oily scalp, this shampoo is clinically tested and safe to be used for conditions like folliculitis and dandruff. It effectively cleans the scalp.
- The salicylic acid is an active ingredient that adds moisture to the scalp and hair, while also gently getting rid of the dead skin cells.
- This removes the flakiness and the hydration keeps it at bay. Itchiness comes down along with the reduction in redness and inflammation.
- This high performance shampoo is easily available online and can be used 1 to 3 times a week.
#2- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo
That poor scalp of yours affected by folliculitis could really use a treat in the form of the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil shampoo.
- With a delicious blend of shea butter, peppermint and apple cider vinegar, this cools your scalp while getting rid of the infection.
- Apple cider vinegar is a natural ingredient that is used in the treatment of folliculitis.
- It gets rid of the infection and keeps away the itchiness.
- Peppermint cools the scalp and brings down the burning sensation.
- Shea butter, along with Jamaican castor oil moisturises your scalp and hair, removes the dryness and flakiness, and gives you glossier hair.
- The Vitamin E in castor oil along with the protein makes the hair elastic and stronger, reduces hair loss due to breakage.
- All the natural ingredients lend the shampoo it's divine fragrance, so you don’t feel like you’re using a medicated shampoo for the problem.
- This shampoo is free of sulphates and parabens, making it a great choice to be used regularly instead of your current shampoo.
#3- Puriya Sulfate Free Tea Tree Oil Shampoo
Tea tree oil is a miracle ingredient used in many acne treatments as it is a natural anti-microbial and antiseptic.
- It also unclogs the pores, and helps the skin breathe.
- Since folliculitis could occur due to microbial infections, using a tea tree shampoo is a good idea.
- The Puriya Tea Tree Oil Shampoo is specially formulated to treat scalp infections like psoriasis and folliculitis.
- The other active ingredients are sage and arnica.
- While the former is an effective anti-inflammatory and an anti-microbial, helping reduce the redness and getting rid of the infection, the latter is good at calming and soothing the scalp.
- Along with tea tree oil, this shampoo also has extracts of rosemary which increases blood circulation in the scalp keeping it healthy and stimulating hair growth.
- As the name suggests, this shampoo is also free of sulphates, making it safe for you to use this regularly.
#4- Brickell Men's Products Daily Strengthening Shampoo
Specially formulated to treat men’s hair and scalp, the Brickell Men's Products Daily Strengthening Shampoo is our recommendation if you have a scalp infected by folliculitis.
- Using natural ingredients that are chockfull of benefits that help get rid of scalp infections, Brickell shampoo works like magic.
- The key ingredient is tea tree oil which fights fungal infections. It cleanses the scalp, unclogs the pores and keeps your scalp and hair healthy.
- Peppermint cools your inflamed scalp and gives you a fresh feeling.
- This shampoo also has aloe vera which is a proven moisturiser and anti-inflammatory agent.
- Within one or two uses you notice that the redness comes down, your scalp feels more moisturised, the flakiness is almost gone and your scalp is healing.
- The vitamin B5, vitamin E and amino acids strengthen your hair follicles, make them more elastic and keep them from breaking.
- All ingredients in this shampoo are 97% organic and safe to use regularly.
#5- The Body Shop Ginger Scalp Care
The Body Shop is a favourite amongst many across the world owing to its ethically sourced ingredients.
- Using the essence of the powerful root, ginger, the Ginger Scalp Care shampoo effectively gets rid of fungal infection.
- Ginger in various forms is used in many Asian countries for treating infections of the body and skin.
- Apart from being an anti-fungal, the natural properties of ginger root strengthen hair follicles, bring down hair fall and add moisture to the strands.
- This shampoo also contains panthenol which adds to the hydration of the scalp to get rid of flakiness and itchiness.
- Moisture is locked in to keep the scalp hydrated, helping it fight off the infection and heal slowly.
- A bonus to using this shampoo is the amazing fragrance which is missing in most medicated shampoos.
#6- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Apple cider vinegar not only kills the infection in your scalp but also cleans your hair and scalp thoroughly, gives your hair shine and volume and adds to the overall health.
- It also unclogs the pores and balances the pH of the hair.
- WOW Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo soothes your infected scalp and calms it down with the nettle leaf extracts which are natural anti-inflammatory agents.
- The anti-oxidants detoxify the scalp and slow down the ageing process.
- The shampoo also has sweet almond oil as one of the main ingredients.
- This oil is naturally loaded with vitamin E that moisturises the scalp and hair, strengthens it with the proteins it contains and makes it thicker and glossier.
- This shampoo can be used by all types of hair, be it oily or normal or dry.
- WOW products are free of parabens and sulphates and can ideally be used every day.
#7- Maple holistics Tea Tree Shampoo
Perfect for any kind of hair, be it oily, normal or dry, Maple Holistics’ Tea tree shampoo helps reduce folliculitis thanks to its potent active ingredients, tea tree oil, lavender oil and rosemary oil.
- While tea tree unclogs the pores, gets rid of the infection with its antimicrobial and antiseptic properties, the rosemary stimulates blood circulation to keep the scalp healthy and avoid loss of hair.
- Lavender oil also has anti-microbial properties and is a good hair growth stimulant.
- The shampoo also has argan oil and jojoba oil to add moisture, lock in hydration and revive dry hair, making it stronger.
- Free of sulphates and parabens, this is safe for your hair.
#8- Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
When the infection is really bad, what you need is a medicated shampoo that can get rid of it and give you immediate relief. The fungus also spreads very quickly and the shampoo you use must be able to curtail it.
- Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo contains 1% ketoconazole which combines with the natural protein of your hair to kill the fungus and get rid of the infection completely.
- This is one of the main ingredients in most effective anti-dandruff shampoos you find in the market.
- It lathers well and spreads easily throughout your scalp for maximum coverage, ensuring that it cleans all parts of your hair.
- It is gentle on your scalp and can be used twice or thrice a week for best results.
#9- C2P Non-Comedogenic Hair Shampoo
Clear to Perfection is a non-comedogenic shampoo you can use to keep fungus at bay.
- This is a mild shampoo that may not be a solution when the stage of folliculitis infection is advanced, but works well to prevent it.
- The shampoo replaces many common ingredients in other shampoos that cause the scalp and skin to clog.
- The natural enzymes derived from botanical extracts clear the skin, keep infections away and stop the occurrence of acne, dandruff, rashes and breakouts.
- It also maintains the health of the hair and scalp with the vitamins and antioxidants derived from kiwi, strawberry, pumpkin, carrots and mango.
- They effectively exfoliate the scalp, control the sebum production and leave your hair fresh smelling and clean.
- This is free of harmful sulphates, safe to use regularly.
#10- Selsun Blue Moisturizing with Aloe Dandruff Shampoo
The first thing a Folliculitis infected scalp needs is to bring down the painful itching and burn.
- The Selsun Blue Moisturizing with Aloe Dandruff Shampoo does a great job of this with Aloe vera as its active ingredient.
- Popularly used in many countries to soothe skin that has been sunburned or irritated by allergens, the aloe extracts effectively calm the scalp, reduce the redness and gets rid of the itchiness.
- Aloe is also a wonderful moisturiser that does not clog the pores.
- This hydrates the scalp and keeps it nourished, slowly and gradually bringing down the infection.
- Aloe is hypo-allergenic and therefore is a good choice for everybody.
- The other advantage of this shampoo is the price. Sold at super affordable prices, this is a shampoo that delivers without burning a hole in your pocket.
Shea Moisture's shampoo for folliculitis is the perfect cure for all hair types.
Product SKU: HBGBK87642
Product Brand: Shea Moisture
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 7.97
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-05T12:28:49
Product In-Stock: Available