Balayage hair colouring is all the rage right now with the soft, swept shades that require a specialised technique by your hairstylist, but for you, they are low maintenance (cos you don’t have to run for frequent salon appointments), and they grow out leaving your hair looking like it’s your natural shade. Now that’s a win-win situation for sure. However, like any colour treated hair, you do need special shampoos to take care of the dyes from fading too quickly. Read on to find out the best shampoos for Balayage hair:
Shampoos for Balayage Hair
- Shampoos for Balayage Hair
- #1- MATRIX Total Results So Silver for balayage hair
- #2-Loreal Serie Expert Magnesium Silver Neutralising Shampoo
- #3- Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo for balayage hair
- #4-SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo for balayage hair
- #5- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Colour Care Shampoo for balayage hair
- #6-R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo for balayage hair
- #7-Living proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
- #8- Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo
- #9-BIOLAGE Colorlast Shampoo for balayage hair
- #10-REDKEN Color Extend Shampoo for balayage hair
- #11 – Ever pure sulphate free shampoo
- #12 – Color Assure radiant shampoo
- Types of balayage hair
#1- MATRIX Total Results So Silver for balayage hair
Hands down one of the most preferred brands by top stylists across the world, and a very familiar brand used in top salons, Matrix tops our list for the best shampoos for Balayage hair.
- What we love about this shampoo is that even though it gives you top-notch results to highlight your coloured locks even further, it is not very expensive.
- It is priced in the mid-range and is very affordable.
- If you have coloured your hair lighter than your natural hair, like a blond or platinum, your hair might be prone to becoming dull or developing a brassy shade.
- This shampoo neutralises that colour and gives you extra gloss and shine.
- Use it with the conditioner to protect your hair from environmental damage.
#2-Loreal Serie Expert Magnesium Silver Neutralising Shampoo
You didn’t think you were gonna have a list of the best shampoos without a product from L’oreal, did you? One of the best drugstore brands, yet, used by many mid-range salons in many countries, L’oreal Serie Expert range of shampoos is something you should seriously consider to come out of every shampoo with salon-like effects.
- The Magnesium Silver shampoo neutralises any dullness and brassiness that might show up on your balayage hair due to overexposure to the sun and brings back the shades of the highlights you applied.
- This shampoo is easy to use as you don’t have to necessarily leave it on for too long. Just use it like you would use a regular shampoo.
- The price is mid-range and affordable.
#3- Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo for balayage hair
Use the Touch of Silver Brightening Shampoo by Pro:Voke if your balayage coloured hair is a light blonde, silver or platinum.
- This is an effective purple shampoo that removes the yellow and brassy pigments in your hair by neutralising them with the purple pigments contained in this.
- There is an immediate effect of brighter and more vibrant colour along with glossier hair.
- It also softens the hair and gives it a shine, making it look healthier. Massage it into your hair and leave it on for about 6 to 8 minutes if your hair is very dull.
- As you keep regularly using this shampoo, you can reduce the amount of time you leave it in.
- Very little quantity is sufficient and the bottle lasts a long time.
#4-SheaMoisture Moisture Retention Shampoo for balayage hair
Coloured hair, in general, becomes drier than hair that is not treated. Even though Balayagee looks very natural, it does use a lot of chemicals and the hair is subjected to quite a bit of stress.
- You might find that your hair feels dry and brittle, and you might even see more hair breaking easily.
- The first thing you need is something that can pump some good quality moisture and health back into your tresses and the SheaMoisture retention shampoo does a wonderful job of this.
- Specifically designed to restore damaged hair, the active ingredients, sea kelp and argan oil nourish your hair with naturally occurring minerals and bring back its shine.
- Shea is gentle on your hair and moisturises it without fading away the colour applied.
- This shampoo is free of sulphates, parabens and mineral oils, so you can be sure that it is not going to harm your hair in any way.
- This shampoo is priced affordably.
#5- John Frieda Luxurious Volume Colour Care Shampoo for balayage hair
Every type of hair is different and requires a different type of care. If you have thin or fine hair, use the Luxurious Volume Colour Care Shampoo by John Frieda.
- With a formula that spaces your hair between the strands, this shampoo gives you amazing results right from your first wash.
- The ingredients are gentle on the hair and safe to be used on colour.
- It retains the colour and prevents fading even if you use it twice or thrice a week.
- The Caffeine in the shampoo gives your hair plenty of body and volume.
- The manufacturers recommend blow-drying the hair after your wash to give your hair added bounce.
- You can also notice better texture as your hair is softer and shinier.
#6-R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo for balayage hair
A shampoo that will give you the results that you see on your favourite celeb’s hair is the R+Co Television Perfect Hair Shampoo.
- Not exaggerating, but this shampoo is truly an investment for your hair. It looks after balayage colour treated hair or any kind of damaged hair and works on restoring it by infusing the goodness of pure juniper berry extracts.
- This works like a purifier for your hair by removing all the dirt and impurities and helping retain moisture.
- The other active ingredient, babassu seed oil is like magic for your hair. It brings back the life into dull, dry and brittle hair and within just one wash, you see visible results.
- This shampoo also has glycerin that retains all this moisture and nutrition, making sure that your hair stays healthy until the next wash.
- This shampoo does not come cheap though. But, as we said earlier, it is worth every single penny you spend on it.
#7-Living proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo
Imagine if every single day was a good hair day! Isn’t that the dream?! Living Proof perfect hair day shampoo makes that possible with its incredible formula.
- Colouring your hair uses a lot of chemicals and this shampoo saves your hair from using more.
- Priced in the mid-range, this cornstarch-free shampoo is truly revolutionary in the way your hair looks and feels after washing.
- The patented formula repels dirt and grime and your hair does feel like its cleaner for a longer time.
- This means you don’t have to wash your hair too often, thereby reducing the number of chemicals you put in your hair.
- It also retains moisture and your hair feels softer to touch.
- It looks much shinier and glossier, making the colors in your hair pop and looks diva-like!
#8- Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo
A shampoo that is free of silicones and sulphates ensures that your hair is treated right.
- The Nexxus Color Assure Shampoo is enriched with high amounts of protein to give your treated hair plenty of strength and endurance.
- The blend of elastin protein and quinoa not only make sure your hair is strong but also help repair the damage caused due to the chemicals used when you were getting your balayage done.
- All that intense protein treatment makes your hair shinier, softer and gives it a lot of bounce.
- It’s very gentle and delicate on the hair and is safe to be used regularly as part of your hair care routine.
- As the name suggests, you can rest assured that your colour is also safe and does not fade when you use this.
- Use it along with the conditioner to care for your hair better and give you the best results.
- This product is priced similar to drugstore shampoos and is truly good value for money.
#9-BIOLAGE Colorlast Shampoo for balayage hair
Biolage Colorlast shampoo is a gentle shampoo that is perfect for balayage coloured hair. It is delicate on the hair and scalp, yet removes the dirt and grime effectively, leaving you with very clean hair.
- Concocted out of a lot of natural ingredients, this paraben-free shampoo is safe on your hair.
- Inspired by the vibrantly beautiful orchid flower which is known to possess anti-fade properties, this shampoo is designed to ensure that your hair is cleaned well and safeguarded without fading out the colour.
- In fact, the colour looks a lot more vibrant and glossier as this shampoo helps restore its health.
- The main ingredient, salicylic acid pumps a lot of moisture into the strands of the hair and helps retain it, smoothing out the frizz and dryness.
- It makes the hair feel luxuriously soft, huggable and bouncy.
- This is a premium shampoo priced on the higher side.
#10-REDKEN Color Extend Shampoo for balayage hair
Promising to give you super sexy hair like the celebs is the REDKEN Color Extend Shampoo.
- This shampoo is less expensive than your normal drugstore or mid range shampoo and gives you the kind of results you want, quickly.
- This shampoo is great for balayage hair as it does not fade your existing colour though, instead, it makes the colour shine through brighter.
- As it cleanses, it also makes hair smoother and softer.
- Hair that is dry can be difficult to manage and Redken solves this by making it easier to detangle the hair with a comb or a brush.
#11 – Ever pure sulphate free shampoo
Ever pure is a true solution for women who have lush hair and want to maintain their color keeping it intact.
- The ever pure shampoo is made to moisturize and hydrate the hair strands and keep it healthy and strong.
- The sulfate-free shampoo is capable of breaking down the dirt and other pollutants and keep it clean and fresh all day.
- Best of all, this shampoo does not strip off the color or make any damage to the color.It deeply nourishes the hair roots and keeps the hair strands silky smooth.
#12 – Color Assure radiant shampoo
Like the name, the Nexxus Assure shampoo can care for your hair color and does not strip the color off.
- The Nexxus Assure shampoo cares very gently care for your hair and does not rip off the color.
- With this shampoo, your hair color stays as vibrant and lively as always.
- It keeps the hair shiny and healthy and does not affect it in a harmful way but cares for it.
- The price of the shampoo is affordable and you can find this everywhere.
Types of balayage hair
Balayage is a general term under which there are so many ways of getting the styles done. Here are some of the primary types of balayage hair that you need to know.
The partial balayage is known for its scattered look and has a way of looking well blended with the hair. This works perfectly if you don’t want anything strong looking. Works really well as a subtle look.
Subtle balayage is not visible as a strong hair color but works well under light and acts as the right medium for slight exposure to light.
American balayage is a mixture of foil and open air. The process might be more complicated than the rest but it looks absolutely stunning especially if you have wavy hair. The hair color looks the best with is dark or black hair.
Different types of shampoos and their use for balayage hair
Now that we have provided you with the best brands of shampoos suited for balayage hair, here are some of the types of shampoos that you can try out.
Clarifying shampoos work their way into clearing out oil build-ups in the hair follicles and gives your hair the space to grow in a healthy and lush way.
Daily shampoos are the ones that you would normally use. For those who cannot deal with the strength of clarifying shampoos, then this one is perfect for you.
As the name suggests, volumizing shampoos work into providing more volume to the hair. So if you are someone with thinning hair and have balayage your hair, this one might be perfect for you.
Colored hair shampoo
This works really ell for those who have colored their hair and need special care especially for that to keep it intact.
Does balayage look good on straight hair?
Balayage is best known for how it looks on curly or wavy hair as it is a form of hand painting on the highlights. But if you are keen on getting balayage we suggest you ask your salon for the best advice on what kind to get on your hair.
Can you use purple shampoo for balayage hair
Purple shampoos are known for how well they can keep certain hair colors intact. You can choose the best one based on how it treats your hair and compare it with the prices and availability.
Can I use regular shampoo after Balayage?
Washing your hair should be a very careful process and should be done very often to rip the colour off your hair. After you get your balayage done you should probably wait about 72 hours to give it enough time for the dye to set in your hair strands.
Using regular shampoo is tricky as it is, so use a minimal amount of the shampoo and don’t scrub it too hard. We suggest you choose a shampoo particularly meant for balayage hair.
Take care of your balayage hair with the right products and you will have hair that looks and feels gorgeous, every single day. The right products can make a huge difference and it starts at the very beginning, from the cleansing. Choose one of these tried and tested shampoos for balayage hair and give your hair the royal treatment.
This shampoo from REDKEN is a colour protecting shampoo mainly used for balayage hair. It will keep your hair strands protected and intact.
Product SKU: UN654RF
Product Brand: REDKEN
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 26.49
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-07T17:29:50
Product In-Stock: Available