You might be surprised to know that not every hairdryer suits every kind of hair. Like you need to use different shampoos and different hair brushes depending on your hair type, the hairdryer you use could damage your hair or make it better. Hair Dryers have the bad rep of damaging hair, but there are plenty of hair dryers that are meant for damaged hair. Read on for the reviews of the best hair dryers for damaged hair:
|Damaged hair type||Hair dryer brand||Link|
|Color treated damaged hair||Remington Pro Hair Dryer for damaged hair||Link|
|Dry hair||BIO IONIC Gold Pro||Link|
|Fragile hair||Tescom Collagen hair dryer||Link|
|Dull hair||Trezero Ionic Salon Hair Dryer for damaged hair||Link|
- Hair dryers for damaged hair
- #1- Trezero Ionic Salon Hair Dryer for damaged hair
- #2-Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Fast Drying
- #3- Remington Pro Hair Dryer for damaged hair
- #4- Amaxy 2nd Gen REAL INFRARED LIGHT Professional Hair Dryer for damaged hair
- #5- BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
- #6- BIO IONIC Gold Pro
- #7- Elchim Classic 2001 Hair Dryer
- #8- Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer
- #9- Tescom Collagen hair dryer for damaged hair
- #10- Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
- #11- NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
- #12 – BERTA ceramic hair dryer
- #13 – Gemei Professional blow dryer for travel
- #14 – Panasonic EH NA65 blow dryer
Hair dryers for damaged hair
#1- Trezero Ionic Salon Hair Dryer for damaged hair
The first thing that you need to ask yourself when it comes to blow drying your damaged hair is, are you using the right temperature?
- Using too much heat can damage your hair further. The Trezero Ionic Hair Dryer is a Salon-style dryer that is very powerful and is perfect for thick and curly hair.
- If you have voluminous hair that is dry and damaged with split ends, this is the one for you. Working at 2200 watts, this dryer quickly dries while infusing negative ions to smoothen out your hair and get rid of the frizz.
- The minerals from the tourmaline are drawn to your hair to make it healthier to give you shine and gloss.
#2-Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Fast Drying
Working with tourmaline ionic technology, the Conair 1875 Watt hair dryer spreads minerals and negative ions on your hair as it blow dries.
- These close the pores of your hair and smoothen out the dryness and frizz, giving you shinier hair.
- The ions protect your hair from further damage due to the heat. It also has a cool shot function to help you seal in the styling.
- The hairdryer performs at 1875 Watts and is an ideal choice if you have medium-thick hair.
- There are 3 heat options and 2 speed selections to choose from.
- It comes with a diffuser for styling your hair and a long cord for convenience of movement.
- The build is sturdy and this could last a good 5-6 years at least.
#3- Remington Pro Hair Dryer for damaged hair
Remington is one of the most preferred brands across the world as they give you salon quality hair styling products at prices that are super affordable.
- The Pro hair dryer with Pearl Ceramic Technology is our choice for damaged hair and this features real crushed pearls that glide over your hair for a smoother finish.
- The pearls infuse minerals in your hair to make it healthier and reduce the damage due to the heat.
- The dryer comes with both, a diffuser as well as a concentrator to style your hair with salon-like results.
- It has 3 heat settings, 2 speed selections and a cool shot button to set your style when you are done.
#4- Amaxy 2nd Gen REAL INFRARED LIGHT Professional Hair Dryer for damaged hair
Amaxy 2nd Gen Real Infrared Light Professional Hair Dryer is highly recommended if you have damaged hair.
- The Infrared light produced is so much softer and gentler than the heat blown by many dryers.
- This dries your hair from within, almost like air drying it but quicker.
- Since the heat feels more natural, it can even prevent dandruff as it retains the natural moisture of the hair and does not make the scalp too dry.
- It feels like a gentle massage that stimulates circulation in the scalp and consequently reduces hair fall and improves the texture of the hair.
- It, of course, also helps style your hair, smoothen out frizz and give you salon-style blow dried hair every single time.
- This dryer is certainly a premium product priced accordingly.
#5- BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer
BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer is a cheaper option that the Amaxy, costing roughly half the price of the latter.
- This hair dryer features an infrared heating technology as well, that dries the hair from within using the warmth of the IR light rather than blowing heat that damages your hair.
- The Babybliss Pro works on a high power of 2000 watts which is ideal for those who have thick hair and curly hair.
- The build of the dryer is durable with a rubber coating for ease of holding it and operating.
- It comes with 3 heat settings which includes a cold shot, and 2 speed settings for you to choose from.
- The manufacturer gives you a 2 year warranty on the product.
#6- BIO IONIC Gold Pro
If you want to give your hair gold, go for the BIO IONIC Gold Pro hair dryer.
- This dryer is fitted with actual 24 carat gold to give your hair heat that is evenly distributed so that it reduces the damage.
- It leaves you hair with enough hydration, nourishing dried and damaged hair and bringing it back to health.
- The minerals from the gold are infused into your hair and that is reflected in the shine, smoothness and glossy texture.
- The kit comes with a dryer, a styling wand as well as a thermal mat.
- This hair dryer kit does not come cheap, costing more than the Amaxy, but it’s worth the money you put in.
#7- Elchim Classic 2001 Hair Dryer
As we know, even the most expensive hairdryers have a lifespan.
- The Elchim Classic 2001 Hair Dryer promises to last at least 2000 uses, which is close to 12 years. Now that is definitely value for money as the average lifespan of a dryer is not more than 5 or 6 years.
- Elchim also gives you a lifetime warranty on this product.
- Apart from this, the Classic 2001 hair dryer is also very safe on your hair as it features high-quality ceramic coating that infuses your hair with negative ions to safeguard it while in use.
- Best for medium thick hair, this smoothens out the frizz and hydrates your hair instead of leaving it very dry and coarse.
- The real long 9 feet cord is fantastic for moving a bit as you style your hair.
- It comes with a concentrator for that salon-type of curls and waves.
#8- Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer
Here we have another superior hairdryer from Elchim for damaged hair.
- The Elchim 3900 Healthy Ionic Hair Dryer is an ergonomically designed, lightweight hairdryer that is convenient to hold and use.
- It uses an ionic and ceramic system that closes the cuticles and pores, nourishes the hair, hydrates it and leaves it free of frizz.
- Even damaged and coarse hair is smoothened out with better texture and shine. It has 3 temperature settings and 2 speed options.
- This dryer like other Elchims is quite expensive, but you get what you pay for. It comes in 5 attractive colour combinations, our favourite being the black and gold.
#9- Tescom Collagen hair dryer for damaged hair
One reason behind deteriorating or damaged hair is the loss of collagen.
- This is quite common as you age and you start losing collagen naturally. Hair looks and feels dryer, more brittle and lacks lustre.
- The Tescom Collagen is your solution as this dryer features a unique technology that infuses your hair with collagen and negative ions as it dries.
- While the negative ions smoothen out the hair, give it shine and gloss, the collagen adds elasticity, strength and health back into your hair.
- It also nourishes the hair with moisture and keeps it hydrated, reviving it from the damage of dryness and brittleness.
- It also adds to the health of your scalp.
#10- Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer
Remington D3190 is a hairdryer that is priced low, affordable by everybody, yet giving you the performance of many premium hairdryers.
- The D3190 is specifically designed to protect your hair from damage by using ceramic, ionic and tourmaline technology.
- While this hair dryer gives your hair plenty of negative ions to smoothen out frizz and keep it shiny, the tourmaline conditions it with its minerals.
- The pores and cuticles of the hair are closed, sealing in the moisture to ensure that hair does not get dry and brittle.
- Like all Remington products, this hair dryer is also fitted with a concentrator and diffuser to give you salon-like results.
#11- NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer
Nition is another low budget, affordable brand that uses good quality material to give you well-performing hair styling devices.
- The Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer is one that features a ceramic air outlet grill. This is coated with argan oil, nanosilver and tourmaline which nourish your hair with minerals as it is blow dried.
- These revive the strength and health of your damaged hair, making it smoother and reducing the frizz.
- There are 3 heat selection settings and 2 speed settings on this hairdryer. There is also a cool shot button that you can use to set the style in place.
#12 – BERTA ceramic hair dryer
Besides being fast and of high quality, Berta also has the reputation of being safe for damaged hair.
- It has an airflow of 114m/h which is quite easy to dry the hair in a matter of minutes and make it spik and span.
- One reason why people with damaged hair don’t opt for powerful hairdryers is because of the fear that it can incur damage in the hair strands and make it weaker. But you can put your mind to ease with the working of this hair dryer since it works safely and extremely well on damaged hair.
- The cord is about 8ft which is long enough to stand a safe distance from the switch board.
#13 – Gemei Professional blow dryer for travel
Gemei has made the brilliant decision of producing a hair dryer which works really well just for travel.
- The handle of the hair dryer can be folded and can fit perfectly in your travel bag without taking up much space.
- It comes in a tourmaline technology that assures that your hair strands will stay safe and not have a negative impact in any way.
- Besides being compact, the hairdryer is lightweight and easy to handle without asserting much pressure.
- It comes with two options, one which provides hot air and the other cold air. So you can use each for styling and drying of your hair respectively.
#14 – Panasonic EH NA65 blow dryer
Panasonic had to be on our list. We all know at least one top-notch product that is from Panasonic.
- It in unfused with moisture and blows out air with the same only to moisten and hydrate dry and damaged hair.
- This is a great styling product as it leaves the hair looking shiny and smooth with every usage of this hairdryer.
- It comes with a double airflow system that works really well for extremely damaged hair that needs the nourishment of any kind.
- Even though this hair dryer is powerful it operates very quietly.
- Given these extraordinary features, this hair dryer is expensive and costs about $92.
Can an old hairdryer damage your hair?
The simple answer is “Yes”. We often think that as long as it runs, it’s good to go, but like all electronics, hairdryers lose their efficiency after a point. It might change the temperature and unknown to you, end up burning your hair or drying out your hair too much.
Is ionic or ceramic hair dryer better?
They are both equally good and better than traditional hairdryers when it comes to taking care of your hair while drying it. The negative ions that are emitted by ionic dryers smoothen the hair by closing the pores. Your hair looks shinier, glossier and of course, healthier. Ceramic dryers are gentler on the hair as they emit infrared light to dry the hair. This is also good for your hair when compared to traditional ones.
From hair care to soaring hair trends, we cover it all. We make sure you nurture your hair and stay on board with hairstyles and new hair trends. So hop on and make every day count with some of our creative and sassy hair trends.